A tooth-colored filling is also referred to as a composite filling. These are white fillings inserted in the tooth structure. Because of this, the tooth is not visible to the metal fillings.
Take the decision
When you decide about the type of filling you require for your mouth, you will have to consider multiple elements like the reason for the filling as well as the spot where it is to be done. You can decide with our dental specialist for the tooth-colored filling in Andheri west.
Tooth-colored filling- what is it?
Tooth-colored fillings are also called composite fillings and these are resin-based composites that resemble the natural teeth color. Because of this, they become more crushed as compared to the amalgam fillings.
Our dental specialist at MSDC will glue or bond the composite filling with the existing tooth. Our oral specialist will treat the cavity without the removal of the healthy tooth structure.
An important advantage
- Tooth-colored fillings can be used effectively even for cavities of very small dimensions
- Our dental expert at a clinic in Andheri west will match the composite filling with the color of your teeth.
- For the bond formation, drilling and trimming are accomplished. It will depend on the extent of the decay.
- Preparation of the surface for the removal of the damage. This process is also referred to as etching.
- Through this process, the surface of the tooth makes a perfect bond with the composite.
- Creating little microscopic irregularities on the tooth surface. This process is painless and short.
- Rinsing off the etching acid before the application of the bonding agent.
- Applying bonding agent
- The bonding agent will seal after hardening. This is accomplished by our dental expert by transmitting a curing light on the filling. Generally, this light is blue.
- After the initial bonding, layering of the dental composite is done. This process will provide a natural shape to the tooth.
- The process is repeated till our oral specialist gets the desired look.
After the procedure
There could be minor pain or sensitivity after the procedure but this will go on after a week or more.
- There could be issues if the cavities are larger.
- Shorter lifespan as compared to Amalgam
The cost factor for the tooth-colored filling at Andheri west will depend on the complexity of the tooth condition.
You can fix an appointment with our dental specialist at MSDC by giving us a call or by simply sending an email.